Thursday, 15 July 2010

Hot End Test

I decided to have a go at extruding some plastic through the hot end to make sure the temperature I was reading was correct. I used the ramp button to slowly get the hot end up to temperature. Everything went well, at about 160 to 170°C I could start to smell the PLA melting, smelled a bit like burnt sugar. Once it got up to 190°C I had a go at pushing the plastic through, it took some force, but it definitely worked, I can see why people are having problems with the brass nozzles coming out. Everything seems to work so far, woo! Check out the screenshot and video below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment