Sunday 27 June 2010

Electronics Testing - Stepper Motors

I've moved on to testing the TechZone Remix stepper motor controllers. I've wired up the boards in a test bench set up. I was confused at first that the motors were only turning one way, clockwise, until I worked out it was because the end opto sensors were not plugged in so the software thought they were in the home position and hence would not allow them to turn the other way. I was surprised how straight forward everything was to put together. The ABCD wiring I was worried about earlier was not a problem, it was the correct ABCD same as the standard Makerbot electronics. The video below shows one of the first tests, this is the set up printing the minimug object. Note that the y and z axis only rotate clockwise as there are no opto sensors attached.


No comments:

Post a Comment