Start with everything off and disconnected.
1. Start PC up wait for everything to boot up (or if it is already on, leave it on).
2. Power up 12V on Mendel (I really need to connect a switch up to make this easier).
3. Connect USB to Mendel (Could I connect a switch up for this as well, maybe on the +5V line?)
4. Press Reset on motherboard. Wait for motherboard to resume blink.
5. Start RepRap host, some errors are reported (0 temp measurement).
6. Close RepRap host.
7. Open RepRap host again, no errors reported this time, now everything works!
All electronics and hardware up and working. Success sounds like a high pitched whine (where did I put that Pololu board?!)