Friday, 24 June 2011

X Axis Belt Tension

I noticed I little lashing on my x-axis, it looked like it was being caused by the slack in the belt. The tension is set when first using the clamps, keeping the belt tight whilst tightening the clamps is a little fiddly. So I decided to try and improvise a tensioner. I looked around the house for torsion springs that might be suitable, I found a promising one in a cheap clamp (Tesco DIY little hand clamps). The un-tensioned legs of the spring were set to about 110° apart, and had long legs that I could bend around to hook onto the belt. The spring works really well in keeping tension in the belt, I might need to do some more reshaping or use tape to ensure that it stays in position in the long term. Here are some pics:

From Mendel


From Mendel


From Mendel


From Mendel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment