Tuesday 3 August 2010

Sketch it Up

Just thought I would write a few words about using SketchUp for modelling with RepRap. I'm not sure if it's just me but very few people seem to be using SketchUp for doing their designs for the project. I really like Google's SketchUp and think it is fantastically easy to use. Capo's recent comment reminded me of the fantastic model he put together of Mendel and prompted me to have a play again myself. A quick look at Capo's blog and you can see how he has used SketchUp in a number of ways for both presenting idea's and for component design.

The below video shows Capo's model that I have coloured then animated.

Link to the SketchUp Mendel Model by Capo:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=86dc5e3cc80958355ad914839c51e370

Link to Capo's Blog
http://capolight.wordpress.com/



1 comment:

  1. I know this comment is a few months late, but I just wanted to say that the colour mendel looks really good.

    I dont suppose you uploaded it anywhere?

    Also, if you dont mind me asking, what program did you use to video the animation?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete